Operation Zit-Out. Is it safe to pop up my zit?
“Don’t pop out your zit no matter what!”, this is the expert voice that you have been hearing until now. It’s not necessary a bad piece of advice but if you want to hear a second opinion here it is: You can pop out your zit as long as you do it properly. However, it’s best to wait for the zit to be ripe, when you can see the white head because it will come out more easily.
Before starting with Operation Zit-Out make sure you steam your face first. By steaming your face the zits will come out more easily. If you don’t have time for this just do your Zit-operation after you come out of the hot shower.
There are several techniques you can pop out your pimple:
1. By using a blackhead removing tool. It is not difficult to use such a tool. All you need to do is to apply the tool on your zit and slowly push until the inside material comes out. Then take a cotton pad, pour the liquid from your toner and apply it on the area you’ve just treated. If you have an AHA mask or clay powder you can apply it on the area and let it there for 20 min. This will prevent the treated area to get infected and will speed up the healing process.
2. By squeezing with your fingers. It sounds gross but this is what a beautician does to you during the extraction process. You will need to cover your fingertips in tissue and apply pressure on the zit until it pops out. If you have long nails cut them because even if you cover your fingertips with tissues long nails can still leave marks through paper when dealing with difficult zits. You can refer to how to pop a pimple?
Either way you do it keep in mind the following hygiene rules:
- Wash your hands first. You want to make sure you don’t run any risks of infecting the area you are trying to treat.
- Use plastic gloves. To make this more hygienic it is strongly recommended to wear one-time plastic gloves.
- Disinfect tools after use. If you are using a blackhead removing tool make sure you clean the tool will alcohol after you have used it to remove all traces of bacteria.
- Apply a product after popping out the zit. Often popping out a zit is not the problem but what you do afterwards can either heal the area or make it worse. Apply an anti-septic product, it can either be a spot treatment (with salicylic acid) or a purifying mask.
Taking matters into your own hands is not something to be blamed for. If you do everything right then there’s nothing to be afraid of. In the end, who wants to keep a big zit on their faces?!
This post was taken from b.liv’s blog, I don’t usually use other sources but this post was written by myself when I was working for Cellnique.
Image sources: aaepk.com and beauty-ology.com